Saturday, June 26, 2004

Cocoon

Written last year, or maybe the year before last. Inspired by the last guy I really liked (again). What a blessed fellow, eh? ;P

You smiled at me today.
Just for a while,
Lasted as long as it took for me to get to my seat.

For a few blissful seconds,
Everything around me
dissolved,
melted,
became non-existent.

The only things that are real?
You and me,
Smiling at each other.
Drawn close,
Bonded,
By a reflected expression.

I’m wrapped up,
Lovingly,
Gently,
Warmly,
In your smile.
Like in a cocoon.

I get to my seat.
In an instant,
The entire world reforms itself.

The caterpillar,
Out of its cocoon for the first time,
Is not scared.
It has grown to become a butterfly,
Equipped to cope with the challenges of the world.
Yet it never forgets its cocoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home