Sunday, May 23, 2004

if you love me v1.2

Written shortly after the first one. The difference is at the ending. I can't decide which one I like more. =)

if you love me
please don’t shower me with expensive gifts
a little look and a little smile will suffice
what i want is your heart,
not your money.

if you love me
please don’t whisk me off to fancy restaurants or crowded parties
a little picnic or a trip to the nearest mall will suffice
what i want is your company,
not that of strangers.

if you love me
please don’t say forever
an assurance that you love me now will suffice
what i want is sincerity,
not sugar-coated flattery.

if you love me
please don’t say you will die for me
even dying would be easier than living on without me
what I want is for you to be strong,
not your life for mine.

For God has already given me the most precious gift
He is with me all the time
Only He can claim eternity
And He sent Jesus to die for me

If you love me,
You will understand what I mean.

Do you love me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home